With the Echosex 2°, Gurus wanted to recreate that kind of magic of the “old Italian Echo” units, but with more versatility. The Echosex 2° gives you the possibility to set the delay time like you would a modern stompbox, but gives you that classic echo unit sound. Musicians like Steve Lukather who uses it for ALL of his soloing parts, can confirm this.
Gurus wanted to raise the bar and fixed two important goals for this new project:
- Create a real alternative to buying an old, expensive, unreliable and very rare original unit.
- Create a device that really keeps the musicality and creativity of the old Binson Echorec 2°
The result is the new Echosex 2° T7E model:
- No mechanical parts in movement: absolute reliability in any condition, with no maintenance needed.
- Improved Audio Quality: The insane frequency response of 7hz to 161000z @1db and the DI totally WET out, make it a modern piece of gear, able to be connected to today highest professional studio grade equipment.
- With the “Motor Speed Adj” feature, you have the possibility to increase the overall delay time, reaching the 740ms, keeping the multi-heads combinations in sync, so to make it suitable for a larger number of musical application that it’s predecessor.
- Features and benefits:
- All features and controls of the Old Binson Echorec 2° T7E model
- 12AU7B and a Pure Class A Preamp Cascode J-FET ensure the highest audio quality possible
- Multi-Heads with 12 position switch + 3 way selector for echo, rep, swell mode.
- LED displays for Input level and for Heads combinations working
- D.I. 100% WET Out for connection to mixing consoles or parallel amp’s Fx loop.
- True bypass or Spillover mode selectable
- Suitable for any kind of instruments or signals
- Product overview:
Enclosed in the same dimensions of their famous 1959 Double-decker pedal, (8”x5”x2”) suitable for an easy fit in a pedalboard, the new Echosex 2° T7E is not only a reissue of the “Old Italian Echo”, but an improvement of it. Our thinking was about what the well known issues of the old units were, and the different needs of the musicians of today. This project take us more than a year, making a lot of work of measuring, tests and comparison to more than 20 real vintage units, and the user’s manual looks like a book, cause we wanted to share all of our experience of almost 30yrs in repairing, servicing and restoring old Binson units.
- Company background boilerplate:
The new Echosex 2° T7E will be released to world’s distributors from September at a street price of 599€, and one of the Pros involved in the fine tuning and testing process is Sir. Alan Parsons himself.